Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Untitled (Blog)

Well, the masses are seething with anticipation. What? Another blog? Yes, I know you hunger. Patience my babies. Patience.

I have been furiously assembling a rough cut of a radio documentary for my one and only class this semester. You would think that with one measly class, just one, I could avoid the night before syndrome. But it is, apparently, when I do my best work. So, after I pin that down, win an ultimate frisbee championship tonight, and put my ducks in line with the Scrivener, it will be happy time for a few days. And happy time is blog time. Sometimes. With time. Shut up Joe.

So, here's the calendar, as if anyone reading this isn't either directly involved or already in the know:

Tonight, Wednesday, 6:00 pm, Stadium fields, ultimate frisbee division III championship game, Sneaky Mormons vs. Counterfeit Foodstamps, round one. The air will be electric, you will be able to see your own breath, as well as steam coming off my head.

Friday, 12 noon, HBLL Auditorium (1st floor near Special Collections), I am part of the English Department weekly reading series, this week featuring graduate students, namely myself and two very talented poets, Sarah Jenkins and James Dewey. I can't say it will be stunning (my part that is), but I will be dressed nicely and you may even get to see me get nervous. A round of Cokes for everyone if I pass out.

PEEC

5 comments:

Ming said...

I'm guessing that this was supposed to hold me over until a real blog comes my way eh? Alright fair enough I'll wait..and wait..and wait..........................still waiting...

Anonymous said...

If you check this, call me! ;-) I have an important message for you. Not massage, message.

lovey dovey shovey wovey,
Em

Anonymous said...

I think you should post some of your poetry or fiction...just a request...I like to use these period dots...dot dot dot, always three at a time.

Post your writing, post post post!

editorgirl said...

Hey, I've heard that Jenkins girl is hot. (Not that a happily-married man would care, but for all your single male readers. . .)

And I think I know someone in your documentary class. Older woman with red hair? Will discuss with you later.

Anonymous said...

Can't wait!