Thursday, November 03, 2005

Time for a list.

OK. This is going to sound stupid, but I've been trying to cut back on the treats lately. For me, "cookies-and-cakes" is somewhere around the middle of the food pyramid. As I was sitting in front of the TV tonight, thinking about how we have nothing with enough sugar to slake my gnarly sweet tooth, I started thinking about ice cream, and the place in Santa Cruz that has like 50 flavors of their own design including cantelope and marshmallow. Here are the five worst flavors of ice cream I can imagine:

1. Vegemite. This could kill a grown man in under 15 seconds.
2. Pepper and Squash. One of the worst things I ever had on my mission was a bowl of squash with hot milk and pepper, as in black pepper. I'm sure the frozen version isn't any better.
3. Basil. It might work for mint, but not for this leafy little herb. Maybe with a bowl of pasta.
4. Sausage. OK, this is getting too easy.
5. Apple. I'm not sure about this one, but I do think it's rather suspicious that no one's ever heard of it. Almost every other delicious fruit has been sorbeted (made into a sorbet). But not apple. hmmmm...I don't trust it.

On the other hand, it could be really good. Apples and cream. Cold, apple-y creamy custard-like spoonfuls.

Dammit, my appetite is coming back.

5 comments:

Ming said...

I hate ice cream....all of it.

Also, remember how I have a blog now and I just feel like you haven't looked at it and that makes me sad. Here's me crying in pain, only you can't see me because your there and I'm here. Makes sense when I say it like that doesn't it.

Ming said...

Pli-cka, Pli-cka, Pli-cka, Pli-cka, (to be said chant like) Pli-cka, Pli-cka, Pli-cka...hmmm...I thought that maybe if I chanted your name long enough you'd write another blog. But it doesn't seem to be working. Oh how I miss the Plickog.

Dolphinsbarn said...

Can't you write about something serious for once in your life... I mean come on Joe, you're so full of sugar and spice and everything nice. Are you even a boy?

Just kidding... I was just trying to get you guys back for bandwagoning me about sad stories.

Anonymous said...

Cheese Ice Cream anyone? NOT CHEESE CAKE. More like Cheddar--preferrably Medium.

Ming said...

Joe Plleeeaase for the love of the blog write me a new one...I need it, I crave it, I want it. I can't bear opening up the Plickog in hopes of a new morsel of writing goodness only to be disappointed when I again see "Time for a list." It's not time for a list anymore little Joe, it's time for a new blog!