Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Now Broadcasting

In this brave new world, there are few advantages as precious as having your own radio station. (At least for us poor saps still without ipods.) So, if you want to groove and you're online, check mine out here.

You can get your own radio station too, just go sign up at http://launch.yahoo.com. It takes awhile to train your station to play what you like. I apologize if mine still airs some complete crap every once in awhile. I realize it's just a computer program, but I can't help but feel offended when Trace Adkins starts crooning.

Computer: Here's some Trace Adkins, Joe. You know you like it.

Me: No I don't, shut up. I'm cooler than that.

Computer: I dare you to skip it before someone you respect walks in.

Me: I will. And don't ever play that crap again, or I'll, I'll . . . I'll shut you down. Yes, I'll shut you down! And I'll be the one who decides when to turn you back on.

Computer: Fine. But don't think this is the end. There are a whole slew of country pop icons out there for me to choose from. I'd think twice before starting a ground war with Yahoo!'s extensive music catalog. You fool, if George Strait and Kenny Chesney don't get you, then the Christian Rap and New Jack Swing will. I'll go Easy Listening all over your #%@!

Me: Uhhhhh . . . I . . . I'm sorry.

Computer: Accepted. So, got any Duster?

Me: Yeah, sure. And, do you think you could play some more Rita Coolidge?

Computer: (smiling) I won't tell anyone.

Me: Thanks.



5 comments:

DawnTreader said...

I don't know whether your station plays crap or not; all I know is that it started me off with a gem from Andrew Bird. I'll just keep listening and let you know if I'm unpleasantly surprised . . .

Ming said...

I'm back plick...check me out yo. PS I got me one of them raedeo stations too....coooool.

Dolphinsbarn said...

To Do...

Write a new Blog

Call my best friend any guy could ever have

Lay off the heavy cream in my frosted flakes

Watch the Cons in Prison Break head to Mormonville, USA ("You think everyone from Utah is a Mormon?")

Make out with JollyEm

Give Ruby the keys to the Corrolla

Anonymous said...

oh joe

i have some for you
matt hopper?
oh yeah... this band called Marcus Bently is getting me into the Mother Hips show.
ill call you guys soon

Ming said...

Ummmm helloooo remember that one time when you left a message on my blog telling me to write my Donald blog...and then I did write my Donald blog like a million trillion years ago and since then I've gotten ZERO comments about it from you. Yeah, take that plicksta.