Thursday, February 09, 2006

I'd like the deluxe package please...

Hear me out:

So I was with Los Lindos the other day and we dropped the Pan off at PetsMart for a grooming. Shampoo, haircut, nail trim, toothbrushing. The Works. Then, later, I started thinking about how funny it would be if I brought my daughter (baby) in and held her out to the grooming girls and said something like, "Yeah, I'll have the basic service. Be back in an hour." I could see them doing that on some candid camera show. But I really do think it might be a good idea. Open a baby grooming service. Today's busy parents don't have time to wrestle with a baby through the bath, the nails, the teeth, etc. You could call it "The Baby Salon" or "Tidy Tikes" or something like that. The child is covered with snot, baby food, smells like sour diapers; you drop her off and come back after grocery shopping and there she is, shimmering, all fragrant with like a red bow stuck on her head. Beauty. Dog groomers could easily expand into this market because you basically need the same equipment: a rubber mat, something to spray with, and a giant blow drier--just lay down some thick towels and stick the kids under it so they can airdry because, hey, no water spots!

4 comments:

Ming said...

I love this idea. It really is so nice to drop off your dog all stinky and gross and pick her up an hour or so later smelling like a spring breeze.

DawnTreader said...

I think milkbones might also work to clean a child's teeth.

Anonymous said...

Maybe they'd have a trick for getting a bow to stay in Roo's lack of hair.

Dolphinsbarn said...

I obviously haven't been on this thing in ages... who knew I had a shout out from the Plickster!? I never get shout outs... really, I don't. I tell you what I really need, I need a shout out from MTV's spring break. If I could plant one of my friend's on that thing so they could dance half naked around, somehow getting close enough to yell into Carson Daley's hormonally drenched mic, "I wanna give a shout out to my friend Jeff, and request Fat Joe's newest jam, WHOOOOOOOO!!!!" That's all I want in this life of sin. Is that a crime?