Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Horrorball

Thought I'd play some intramural basketball. Didn't want to disappoint a friend. Showed up at the first game last night. Friend wasn't there. Dirty bum. Only had four players. The other team got scared and played five anyway. 20 minute halves. Knew I was in trouble when after five minutes I looked to the sideline for a sub. Nope. Only 35 minutes to go. Almost collapsed. Spent the last half running from one three-point line to the other, watching the action. Got home, felt like Don Johnson after Valentine's day, completely spent. Wish I had his stamina though. Wish I had his white pants and boat loafers. Wish I was in Florida.

3 comments:

Ming said...

Ha Ha ha, that's me laughing. That Don Johnson joke was a good one! Sorry my bum husband didn't show up. But we did end up selling our condo that night, so he was MIA for good reason.

Dolphinsbarn said...

Is it a crime to hate myself?

DawnTreader said...

I spent the last 35 minutes of a 40 minute game of soccer laying on my back on the sidelines coughing uncontrollably. Playing sports is getting less fun, but more interesting.